- 6 chicken drumsticks (skin-on)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 60ºC (140ºF).
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large vacuum pouch together with the honey, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper.
- Remove as much air from the pouch as possible before vacuum sealing.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into your sous vide water bath to cook for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken drumsticks from the vacuum pouch and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the juices from the vacuum pouch into a medium pan. Warm over a medium heat, adding the flour gradually whilst mixing vigorously. Once the contents have thickened, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sear the chicken drumsticks over a heat for 30 seconds on each side. Once golden, set aside.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to a glass baking dish. Coat the chicken drumsticks with the honey and garlic glaze before placing into the oven to cook at 200°C (392°F).
- Once the glaze is sticky, remove from the heat and add the chicken drumsticks to a small plate or serving platter.
05 September 2017