Strawberry Infused Vodka
A simple, flavoursome infused vodka recipe by Andrew Boyd
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 2 Hours
Andrew has worked at Grant for almost five years and is an invaluable addition to the Sales team. He currently manages the Custom Solutions side of the business as Technical Sales Manager – Custom and PL. Based in Essex, outside work Andrew enjoys playing hockey, travelling with his fiancé Amy and cooking new dishes with his Grant sous vide water bath!
- 1 litre premium Vodka
- 400g fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 58°C (137°F).
- Remove the strawberry stalks and slice in half lengthways.
- Add the sliced strawberries into a resealable bag together with the Demerara sugar.
- Add the vodka to the resealable bag. Remove as much air from the bag as possible with your hands before sealing. Ensure you keep the vodka bottle as this will be needed later.
- Add your bag to the sous vide water bath and leave to infuse for two hours.
- Soda water
- Lime slices or strawberries
- Crushed ice
- Once two hours have elapsed, add the bag to a bath of ice water to cool for 1hour or until cold.
- Open a corner of the resealable bag and sieve the mixture back into the vodka bottle using a funnel, ensuring the infused Vodka is smooth. Set aside the strawberries which can be enjoyed separately as a boozy treat!
- To finish, add a small measure of the infused Vodka to a cocktail glass before adding soda water.
- Garnish with lime or strawberry slices and finally crushed ice.