Sous Vide Tawny Poached Pears
A simple sous vide dessert for those with a sweet tooth!
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Cook Time 2 Hours
- 6 small, firm, D’Anjou pears, peeled
- 120ml Tawny Port wine
- 180g sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- Fill your sous vide water bath and preheat to 85ºC (185ºF).
- Pour the Tawny Port wine into a saucepan. Add the sugar, spices and honey, bringing to a boil and stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the saucepan from the boil and carefully light the alcohol to burn it off. After about 2 minutes, turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Peel the pears but leave the stem on for decorative purposes.
- Place the pears and the contents of the saucepan into a 3.80 litre vacuum pouch. Remove as much air as possible from the vacuum pouch with your hands and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch completely in the water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the pears from the vacuum pouch, reserving the liquid.
- Allow to cool or serve immediately dependent on your preference with vanilla ice cream and some of the reserved juices.
- Vanilla ice cream