Sous Vide Steak
A Simple Guide To Sous Vide Steak.
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 60 Minutes
- A 1 inch thick steak will take approximately 1 hour to cook.
- Use the juice from the vacuum pouch to make a simple sauce to accompany the steak.
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh herbs
- Set your sous vide water bath to the desired temperature using the chart below with 60 minutes cooking time per 1 inch steak thickness.
- Season your steak on all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Place the steak inside a vacuum pouch and add fresh herbs.
- Seal the vacuum pouch and submerge completely in the water bath and cook for the desired time.
- Once the steak is cooked, remove from the vacuum pouch and pat dry with paper towels to remove any excess liquid.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over a high heat. Add the steak and sear on both sides for 30 seconds. Alternatively use a blow torch to create the same effect.