Sous Vide Eggs with Sautéed Mushrooms & Bacon Toast
Quick and easy recipe, perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 1 Hour 15 Minutes
I enjoy my eggs at 63.5°C (146.5°F), but you can easily adjust this temperature dependent on how you like your eggs. Everyone is different!
- 4 large eggs
- 150g chestnut mushrooms
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 20g salted butter
- 3 thick slices fresh crusty bread
- 9 slices streaky bacon
- Black pepper
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 63.5ºC (146.5ºF). Once reached, add the eggs and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 20 minutes before serving, slice the crusts off the crusty bread and wrap the streaky bacon around the crusts. Place onto a baking tray before putting into the oven.
- Add 15g of the salted butter, garlic salt and pepper to a small pan over a low heat. Thinly slice the chestnut mushrooms and add to the pan to sauté.
- Lightly toast the crusty bread until golden before lightly buttering with the remaining butter.
- Add the sautéed mushrooms to two small plates and create a well in the middle.
- Gently crack the eggs and place them in the middle of the mushrooms. Season the eggs with salt & pepper.
- Complete the dish by serving the bacon crusts and buttered toast alongside the eggs.