Sous Vide Chicken
Succulent, Juicy, Tender – Enjoy chicken like no other with our simple guide to sous vide chicken breast.
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Any part of a chicken can be cooked sous vide, even a traditional Sunday roast.
A delicious, healthier option to cooking chicken.
- Chicken breast
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 60ºC (140ºF) wih 1 hour 30 minutes cooking time.
- The water level in the bath should reflect the type of container you are using.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts into a resealable bag or vacuum pouch.
- Add oil or butter to the resealable bag/vacuum pouch along with the fresh herbs, lightly coating the chicken.
- Seal the resealable bag/vacuum pouch and submerge completely in the sous vide water bath, cooking for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken breast is cooked, remove from the resealable bag/vacuum pouch and carefully pat dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a skillet over a medium heat. Gently lay the chicken skin side down and use tongs to hold down flat in the pan.
- Sear on one side for 1 minute until crispy.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pan and serve.