Raspberry & Elderflower Gin
A simple, flavoursome infused gin recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- 175ml good quality gin
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 50ml elderflower cordial
- 4 tsp demerara sugar
- 1 tsp grenadine
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 60°C (140°F).
- Place the gin into a vacuum pouch together with the sugar and grenadine.
- Wash the raspberries before adding to the vacuum pouch together with the elderflower cordial.
- Seal the vacuum pouch before giving a good shake.
- Place the vacuum pouch into your sous vide water bath to cook for 2 hours, 30 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the vacuum pouch from the sous vide water bath and add to a large bowl of ice water to cool.
- Pass the contents of the vacuum pouch through a fine sieve into a container, squashing the raspberries with a spoon to ensure all juice is captured.
- Add a 25ml measure (or more dependent on your preference) to three, large glasses. Add ice to the glass and top with tonic water. I garnished the cocktail with fresh strawberries, cucumber and grapes, but this works with all manner of different fruits!