Raipur Mixed Vegetable Curry
This curry is a delicious and healthy vegan or vegetarian option packed full of flavour. A quick, healthy and comforting one-pot meal. Serve with rice or couscous and a sprinkle of coriander.
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 2 Hours
- 3 potatoes, chopped into bite size chunks
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups (350g) corn
- 2 cups (350g) green peas
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut milk
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 185°F (85°C).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Divide all ingredients equally into two, 1 gallon (3.80 liter) vacuum pouches.
- Remove as much air from the pouches as possible with your hands and vacuum seal.
- Submerge both pouches completely in the water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- Approximately 15 minutes before serving, place your rice or couscous on to cook over a medium heat.
- Drain the rice or couscous and add to four plates evenly. Remove the contents from both sous vide pouches and serve alongside your rice/couscous. Add a slice of lemon and the cilantro to garnish, serving immediately.
- 1 lemon, cut into segments
- Couscous or plain rice dependent on preference
- Fresh cilantro