Quick and simple Prawn Toast.
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 20 Minutes
- 225g king prawns
- 4 spring onions
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp plain flour (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 4 slices thick cut crusty bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 57°C (135°F).
- Place the shelled, deveined king prawns into a vacuum pouch. Remove as much air from the pouch as possible before vacuum sealing.
- Place the king prawns into your sous vide water bath to cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped spring onions, dark soy sauce, egg, ginger and salt to a blender. Once cooked, remove the king prawns from the vacuum pouch, removing any excess moisture before adding to the other ingredients.
- Blend the ingredients until well mixed but still slightly chunky in texture. Set aside. If the ingredients are still slightly wet, add the plain flour and combine.
- Cut the crusty bread slices into half before lightly buttering. Place under the grill, butter side up until golden.
- Add the contents of the blender to the prawn toasts evenly, before placing back under the grill to cook for 10 minutes.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds until golden in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the toasted sesame seeds on top of the prawn toasts, cooking under the grill for a further 5 minutes until golden. Remove from the heat and serve the prawn toasts on a platter.