Pork & Mozzarella Burgers
No more undercooking with this simple sous vide pork & mozzarella burger recipe. A perfect summer sizzler. I’ve finished these in the oven, but why not cook in your sous vide water bath and finish on the barbecue!
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 3 Hours
Instead of finishing in the oven, finish over the barbecue for a perfect summer evening meal.
- 500g lean pork mince
- 4 rashers unsmoked back bacon
- 5 large mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 10g unsalted butter
- 5ml olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 mozzarella ball
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 large white or wholemeal rolls
- 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 62°C (143.5°F).
- Add the olive oil and butter to a pan over a medium heat. Dice the onion and mushrooms before adding to the pan, cooking until golden.
- Place the pork mince into a large bowl together with the onion and mushrooms. Add the finely chopped bacon, together with the garlic salt, soy sauce, all-purpose seasoning and pepper. Crack the egg over the mixture and combine well. If the mixture is a little runny, add the optional ingredients at this stage.
- Shape half of the mixture into thin burgers and lay down on a chopping board. Add a generous slice of the mozzarella on top of the burger. Use the other half of the mixture to create another set of burgers, laying them on top of the mozzarella.
- Gently place the burgers into individual vacuum pouches before vacuum sealing. Place the vacuum pouches into your sous vide water bath to cook for 3 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the burgers from their vacuum pouches, discarding the juices. Sear the burgers over a high heat until golden. Once seared, place in the oven on a medium heat, roughly 180°C (356°F) for 5 minutes.
- Whilst in the oven, slice your rolls and add to the oven to warm.
- Remove the burgers from the oven and add to your rolls. Finish with your favourite accompaniments.