Monkfish with Chorizo Sauce
Creative Cuisines take on sous vide monkfish.
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Cook Time 30 Minutes
- 1 Monkfish
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 100g of sweet chorizo
- 2 red peppers
- 125ml cream
- 1 onion
- Pinch of paprika
Herbed polenta, vine tomatoes, mushrooms, small carrots and turnips
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 55°C (131°F).
- Divide the monkfish into 4, 150g fillets before massaging with a little oil and seasoning with the salt & pepper.
- Add the monkfish fillets to a vacuum pouch before sealing.
- Place into the sous vide water bath to cook for 30 minutes.
- While the monkfish is cooking, dice the peppers and onion. Chop the chorizo into chunks.
- Place the peppers, onion and chorizo into a pan to brown with a little olive oil, seasoning with the paprika.
- Add the cream to the pan, simmering for 10 minutes over a low heat. Place the ingredients into a blender and then set aside the sauce, keeping warm.
- Place the monkfish onto 4 individual plates, before drizzling over the chorizo sauce evenly.
- Serve the dish with your favourite seasonal vegetables.