Garlic & Soy Duck Breast with Asparagus
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 2 Hours
- 2 large duck breasts (scored)
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 8 large asparagus spears
- 5ml olive oil
- 15g unsalted butter
- White or egg fried rice
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 58ºC (136.5ºF).
- Score the duck breasts carefully using a sharp knife before generously seasoning with salt and pepper. Place the duck breasts into a large vacuum pouch.
- Chop a garlic clove finely before adding to the vacuum pouch, together with the light soy sauce.
- Vacuum seal the pouch to remove as much air as possible.
- Place the vacuum pouch into the water bath to cook for two hours.
- Once the two hours have elapsed, remove the duck breasts from the vacuum pouch, discarding the garlic and setting aside the juices.
- Add the duck to a medium sized pan together with the oil and butter. Sear the duck until the skin is crispy. Once cooked, allow to rest before slicing.
- Place the asparagus spears into the same pan over a medium heat, seasoning generously. Cook until the asparagus is golden.
- Place the duck onto the plate before adding the asparagus spears. Drizzle the juices from the vacuum pouch over the duck before completing the dish with white or egg fried rice.