Eggs Benedict & Eggs Royale
A breakfast fit for kings, with minimal prep time for those lazy mornings.
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 1 Hour
Temperature control is key to avoid curdling the hollandaise sauce. If in doubt, it’s better to go lower and slower first as all it takes is a little too much heat for the sauce to curdle.
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 English muffin
- 1 large egg yolk
- 8ml warm water
- 60g cold unsalted butter
- 8ml lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 Parma ham slices
- 35g smoked salmon
- Sprinkle of Paprika
- Black pepper
1 hour before serving:
- Preheat your sous vide water bath to 64°C (147°F) with 1 hour cooking time. Once target temperature is reached, use a spoon to gently place the eggs in the water bath to cook.
5 minutes before serving:
- Slice the English muffin in half before lightly toasting in the oven.
- Place the egg yolk, water and butter in a saucepan over a low heat, gently stirring with a whisk. Once the butter has melted, increase the heat slightly before whisking the contents of the saucepan vigorously until it thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice before seasoning the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Place toasted halves of the muffin on a plate, topped with Parma ham and smoked salmon respectively.
- Carefully crack each egg gently on top of the ham and salmon. Drizzle a spoonful of the hollandaise sauce on top of each egg, along with some fresh ground black pepper and paprika. Serve immediately.