Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup
Butternut Squash like you’ve never had it! Combined with carrots to create a delicious creamy One Pot Meal that will leave you wanting more!
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 4 Hours
- 450g fresh butternut squash
- 225g carrots
- 50g fresh Thyme
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 60g butter
- 1920ml vegetable broth
- 240ml heavy cream
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 85°C (185°F).
- De-skin the butternut squash and cut into cubes along with the carrots. Next finely chop the Fresh Thyme and grate the ginger.
- Divide all ingredients except the broth equally into two, 3.80 litre (1 gallon) vacuum pouches. Remove as much air from the pouches as possible with your hands and vacuum seal.
- Submerge both pouches completely in the water bath and cook for 4 hours.
- Remove the ingredients from the vacuum pouches and place into a blender or food processor to purée until smooth or leave a little chunky depending on your preference. For an extra silky texture add 240ml of heavy cream.
- Add the puréed ingredients into a pot with the vegetable broth, placing on a low heat to simmer and reduce for 20 minutes.
- Ladel the soup equally into 4 bowls. Garnish with a dollop of créme fraiche and serve immediately with crispy garlic crostini.
- Crème fraiche
- Crispy garlic crostini