Beef Short Ribs with Celeriac Remoulade and Pomegranate Molasses Sauce
Lee Desanges of 2016 Street Food Award Winners Baked in Brick with his Beef Short Rib recipe.
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Cook Time 12 Hours
- 4 beef short ribs
- 600ml red wine
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 white onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 medium celeriac
- 4 tbsp of good mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Crème Fraiche
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Small handful chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- Place the beef short ribs into a large tray or dish and add all the marinade ingredients to the beef. Place in the refrigerator overnight so the meat can tenderise and absorb the flavours.
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 85°C (194°F).
- Remove the beef from the marinade and place into a large vacuum pouch along with the garlic, onion and herbs. The red wine from the marinade will be used for a sauce and so do not discard.
- Submerge the pouch completely in the water bath and cook for 12 hours.
- Once cooked, drain off the meat juices and set aside. Add the red wine to a medium pan and reduce by two thirds. Add the meat juices and reduce further until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Strain the sauce using a Maslin cloth then add the pomegranate molasses and season to taste.
- Julienne the celeriac before adding all the other ingredients to make the remoulade.
- Season the remoulade with salt, pepper and lemon to taste and then serve alongside the beef.
- Serving suggestions include sous vide carrots or other hearty roast vegetables.