We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.grantsousvide.com (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, search for a product, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, carry out a survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
The website places cookies onto your computer or device to distinguish you from other users of our website. A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual by remembering information about your visit to a website. This might include the state of something like a shopping cart or information you have provided in a form. This information can then be recalled on subsequent visits to enhance your experience.
We use the services provided by Google Analytics to provide us with meaningful data about web page usage and traffic. This information is used solely to improve the website structure, content and appearance and to tailor it to changing customer needs. We do not capture, record or use any visitor's personal data through this service.
If you wish to opt-out of our placing cookies onto your computer or device, please modify your browser setting to decline cookies. However this may prevent certain features from a web site being made available, thereby limiting full functionality offered by it. You may also wish to delete cookies which have already been placed. For instructions on how to do this, please consult your internet browser’s help menu.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- to notify you about changes to our website or products;
- to improve our website, products and services;
- to administer our website and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- for internal record keeping in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries from time to time.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing using the details set out below.
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at Grant Instruments (Cambridge Ltd), 29 Station Road, Shepreth, Cambridgeshire, SG8 6GB or email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.