- 1 venison rack
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Thyme sprig
- 3 toasted juniper berries
- 5 cherries
- 1 tsp loose leaf Earl Grey tea
- 5 toasted juniper berries
- 50ml water
- 30g sugar
- 60ml sherry vinegar
- Black Pepper
- 50ml port
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 54ºC (129.2ºF) with 16 minutes cooking time.
- Place the venison rack along with the sprig of thyme, olive oil and the 3 toasted crushed juniper berries into a vacuum pouch and place into the sous vide water bath for 16 minutes. Once cooked, remove from bag and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Roast the ingredients in foaming butter with herbs and spices from the vacuum pouch until caramelised - rest the venison.
- Add all the ingredients apart from the cherries into a pan over a high heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, pass the pickling liquid through a sieve, before compressing the cherries with the pickle in a vacuum pouch, keeping at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Serve the venison and pickled cherries along with a white onion purée, roasted roscoff onions and toasted hazlenuts.