- 360g coarsely ground beef chuck mince, preferably 20% fat
- 2 burger buns
- 60g of Cheddar cheese
- 30ml of water
- 1 tomato
- A few shreds of fresh lettuce
- Sauces of your choice (mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise)
1 hour 15 minutes before:
- Fill your sous vide water bath and preheat to 52°C (126°F) with 1 hour cooking time.
- Divide and gently shape the meat into 180g portion for each patty. Don't over-handle or over-compress the meat as it'll toughen it. Refrigerate until use.
- Once target temperature is reached, carefully seal 2 patties in a bag, submerge in the water bath.
10 minutes before:
- Once patties are cooked, pat them dry with kitchen towels and salt generously.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan until near smoking, sear the patties on high heat for 20 seconds a side. Set aside.
- Warm the plates for a few minutes in a microwave in preparation for plating. Toast the burger buns briefly for 1-2 min.
- Meanwhile, melt the grated cheese with 1-2 tbsp water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring vigorously with a spatula until soft, gooey and pliable. Set aside.
- Place each patty on top of the bottom half of the bun, pouring the gooey melted cheese on top to encase the patty, before adding tomato, lettuce and pickles on top. Spread the sauces of your choice on the top half of the bun, before placing it on top to complete your masterpiece. Serve immediately.