- Large eggs
- Black pepper
- Set your sous vide water bath to the desired temperature using the chart below and 45 minutes cooking time.
|Whites just set||60ºC||140ºF|
|Creamy yolk with firmer whites||63ºC||145ºF|
|Yolk fully set but creamy with firmer whites||64ºC||147ºF|
|Yolk fully set with firm whites||65ºC||149ºF|
|Yolk starting to go green||72.5ºC||162.5ºF|
- Gently place the eggs into the water bath using a spoon or tongs and cook for 45 minutes. Vacuum pouches are not necessary when cooking eggs as the shell will act as an outer casing, although can be used if preferred.
- Use a large spoon or tongs to remove the eggs from the bath and serve with your favourite accompaniments.
- If not serving immediately, chill in ice cold water and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, simply submerge eggs in the water bath at 60ºC (140°F) and cook for 2 minutes.