- Two, 396g sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 12 apples
- 12 popsicle/cocktail sticks
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 85°C 185°F.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and salt into a 3.80 litre vacuum pouch. Remove as much air as possible from the pouch with your hands and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch completely in the water bath and cook for 12 hours.
- Once cooked, open the vacuum pouch and roll down the sides for easy dipping. Place 1 popsicle/cocktail stick into the top centre of the apple and roll it in the caramel, covering all sides.
- Fill a separate bowl with a selection of your favourite topping(s).
- Roll the apple in the topping, covering it all around before placing on a piece of wax paper.
- Place the apples into the refrigerator to harden. Serve once hardened sufficiently.
- Finely diced peanuts
- Candy corn
20 April 2017