- 500g rack of lamb
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Black pepper
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 9 asparagus spears
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Fennel seeds
Red Wine Sauce
- 4 shallots
- 150ml beef stock
- 150ml dry red wine
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
1 hour 15 minutes before serving:
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 57ºC (135ºF) with 1 hour cooking time.
- Season the lamb with thyme and black pepper. Wrap the bones with aluminium foil - this prevents the bones from puncturing your bag in the water bath.
- Once target temperature is reached, seal the lamb in a bag and submerge it in the water bath.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into chunks and parboil both ingredients in a large pot for 7 minutes. In the last minute, add in the asparagus to blanch briefly. Drain the vegetables and leave to dry.
45 minutes before serving:
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (374ºF). Toss the potatoes, carrots, asparagus, red onion and garlic cloves with some olive oil.
- Season with salt, black pepper and fennel seeds. Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes. Set aside.
10 minutes before serving:
- Once the lamb steaks are ready, remove from bag and pat dry with kitchen towel. Heat a skillet without oil.
- Season lamb with salt, sear it skin-side down on medium high heat until golden (5-6 minutes). Turn over and cook for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- For the sauce, pour out most of the fat of the same skillet. Quarter the shallots and add to brown. Then, add balsamic vinegar, wine and stock to reduce until half. Adjust seasoning to taste. Strain sauce and set aside.
- Cut lamb into portions along the rib bone. Serve with roasted vegetables and red wine sauce.