- 4 boneless lamb steaks, each 2.5-3.8 cm (1-1.5 inches) thick
Butternut Squash Mash
- 1kg butternut squash
- 15g butter
- 50ml of milk
- Salt & black pepper
- 8 asparagus spears
- 10g butter
- 10g plain flour
- 300ml lamb stock
1 hour 15 minutes before serving:
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 55ºC (131ºF) with 1 hour cooking time.
- Once your sous vide water bath has reached its target temperature, place the lamb into a vacuum pouch and seal. Place the pouch into your sous vide water bath to cook for 1 hour.
25 minutes before serving:
- Slice the butternut squash lengthways, remove seeds and place both halves of the squash, cut side down in a large skillet. Add boiling water up to halfway. Place the lid, cook for 25 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove squash carefully, scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Add butter, milk, salt and black pepper, to taste. Mash the squash until smooth, set aside.
15 minutes before serving:
- Wash and trim the asparagus and then blanch for 2 minutes, shock them in ice-cold water, drain and set aside.
- For the gravy: dissolve butter in the pan, add in flour and mix thoroughly. Add the stock gradually and stir well at each addition until smooth. Strain, set aside.
- Once lamb steaks are ready, pat them dry with kitchen towels and lightly season with salt.
- Melt butter in a pan until hot, sear the steaks on high heat for 20 seconds each side. Set aside.
- Spoon mash slightly off-center on a plate. Carefully place a piece of lamb steak on top of the mash, topped with an asparagus. Drizzle a spoonful of gravy and serve immediately.