- 2 medium eggs
Spaghetti & sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 180g spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- 30g pecorino cheese
- 30g Parmesan
- 50g Parma ham
- Dried thyme
2 hours 15 minutes before serving:
- Preheat your water bath to 61.5°C (143°F) with 1 hour cooking time. Once target temperature is reached, use a spoon to gently place the eggs in the water bath to cook. This will be used for the sauce.
1 hour before serving:
- Repeat the same steps above with the other 2 eggs at 63°C (145°F). Set aside.
15 minutes before serving:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions until al dente.
- Whisk the two 61.5°C (143°F) eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add in most of the pecorino cheese (finely grated) and Parmesan (finely grated). Finally, add the cooked spaghetti to the mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Use a long-pronged fork to twist the pasta into a nest in the centre of a warm plate. Carefully place an egg yolk on top of the pasta nest with some parma ham strands on the side. Finish with a sprinkle of thyme and some remaining cheese.