- 4 beef short ribs
- 600ml red wine
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 white onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 medium celeriac
- 4 tbsp of good mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Crème Fraiche
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Small handful chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- Place the beef short ribs into a large tray or dish and add all the marinade ingredients to the beef. Place in the refrigerator overnight so the meat can tenderise and absorb the flavours.
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 85°C (194°F).
- Remove the beef from the marinade and place into a large vacuum pouch along with the garlic, onion and herbs. The red wine from the marinade will be used for a sauce and so do not discard.
- Submerge the pouch completely in the water bath and cook for 12 hours.
- Once cooked, drain off the meat juices and set aside. Add the red wine to a medium pan and reduce by two thirds. Add the meat juices and reduce further until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Strain the sauce using a Maslin cloth then add the pomegranate molasses and season to taste.
- Julienne the celeriac before adding all the other ingredients to make the remoulade.
- Season the remoulade with salt, pepper and lemon to taste and then serve alongside the beef.
- Serving suggestions include sous vide carrots or other hearty roast vegetables.