- 4 tbsp whole butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 225g button mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 2 large celery stalks
- 1 leek
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 450g bread (brioche or sourdough)
- 4 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp of sage
- 460g Granny Smith apples
- 8 whole eggs
- 240ml heavy cream
- 480ml chicken stock
- Fill your sous vide water bath and preheat to 85ºC (185ºF).
- Mince the garlic cloves and chop the bacon, onions, celery, leek, rosemary, thyme, sage and mushrooms.
- In a skillet over a medium high heat, melt butter, add garlic, mushrooms, onion, celery, leek, bacon, salt and sauté for 6 minutes or until the bacon has browned.
- Slice the bread into large diced up cubes (brioche or sourdough) as well as the apples.
- In a large bowl, add all remaining ingredients including the sautéed mixture and combine.
- Place the mixture into 3.80 litre vacuum pouch. Remove as much air from the pouch as possible with your hands and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch completely in the sous vide water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 232ºC (450ºF). Once cooked, remove the contents from the vacuum pouch and place onto a greased baking sheet, cooking for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, place into small custard cups or ramekins, serving immediately.
- Fresh thyme
- Garnish with chopped fresh thyme and a drizzle of honey (Optional).
28 February 2018